Privacy statement for World of DMCs
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, that you provide to us, or that we may collect from other sources will be processed by us. We are World of DMCs of www.world-of-dmcs.com, a not-for-profit association of world-wide destination management companies.
World of DMCs is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified, please be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. World of DMCs may modify this statement occasionally by updating this page. Feel free to check it at regular time spans to be ensured that you are happy with eventual changes. This version of our privacy statement is effective from 25 May 2018.
What we collect
Communication Data : that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping. The key personal data we collect and store is your name and email address for the sole purpose of communicating news and information from World of DMCs and our partners.
The personal information we may also collect can include:
- your full name;
- postal address;
- employer and job title;
- e-mail address;
- records of your correspondence with us;
- phone number (s);
- social media account names;
- and any other information you may share with us or enter into any of our platforms.
What we do with the information we gather
Your personal data is used to send you marketing communications, which may include newsletters, blog posts, surveys and information about new events, our association members and World of DMCs activities.
You can choose to no longer receive communications by contacting us at [email protected] or clicking unsubscribe from a marketing email. If you do unsubscribe to marketing communications via [email protected], it may take up to 2-3 weeks for your new preferences to take effect. We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us.
Our Legal Basis for processing data
Organisations that collect and use personal data must have a lawful basis for doing so under data protection law and we are required to let you know the lawful basis on which we rely to process your personal data. We rely upon the following lawful bases:
- Your consent to use your data for a particular purpose (for example to send you direct marketing by e-mail or to collect sensitive personal data);
- Where the use of the data is in our “legitimate interests” (see below for more information);
- Where we need to process your data in order to perform our obligations under a contract that we have entered into with you (for example, you request information from a member partner for an event or to provide you with access to resources); and
- To process data where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Personal data may be legally collected and used if it is necessary for a legitimate interest of the organisation using the data, as long as its use is fair and does not adversely impact the rights of the individual concerned. When we use your personal information, we will always consider if it is fair and balanced to do so and if it is within your reasonable expectations. We will balance your rights and our legitimate interests to ensure that we use your personal information in ways that are not unduly intrusive or unfair. Our legitimate interests include:
- Promotion of our purposes, including to develop new offers and services (both independently and with our partners) to promote World of DMCs and our members.
- Administration and operational management, including responding to solicited enquires, providing information that you have requested, research, events information, partner activities, the administration of our resources and tools.
- Liaising with third parties, including working with partner organisations to develop new programmes and resources which further our purposes.
If you would like more information on our uses of legitimate interests or to change our use of your personal data in this manner, please get in touch with us by contacting [email protected]
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. The retention time of the received information runs up to when you unsubscribe, modify your details or when it turns out for them not to be accurate anymore. For any communications regarding GDPR, the retention or deletion of your data and any associated enquiries, please contact us at [email protected]
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to [email protected] or by unsubscribing from the newsletter you receive
- We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Be assured that we will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties
- We may use your personal information to send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
- You may request details of information which we hold about you under the GDPR regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please tell us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
We may change the terms of this policy from time to time. Major changes will be brought to your attention, but you are responsible for regularly reviewing this policy so that you are aware of any changes to it.